Buggatis, Ferraris and other pimped up rides;
they take you places and they take you in style.
Gucci, Prada, Fendi & Armani;
they may make you think you look your best
when usually you are close to resembling a monkey.
Old Mr. Harry Winston-
he’s sure to gain you some fake friends
For the way he charges,
you’ve got to be filthy rich and at your mind’s end.
The infatuation never ceases and the greed never ends
They work so hard and they spend it all again
Loan after loan they are digging their own grave
You know my friend, for what its worth,
I’d rather be anyone but them.Photo by: miong
We make such a huge deal of everything around us. The smallest of things upset us and almost everyone seems to be getting in our way. I also realized that the relationships we have with others, be it our friends, parents, siblings or maybe our significant other are more than often stressed.
After a lot of thinking and probably a little divine inspiration I have come to conclude that the problem is not others but ourselves. If we ever took the time to look at a situation from someone else’s point of view, we would probably be able to realize that anger and frustration are not always necessary to express ourselves.
So, before you let your tongue lose, remember:
- There are two sides to every story.
- And its not necessary that only one of them can be right
- Decide what is more important: the relationship or being right
- Will it all even matter a few weeks or months from now?
- If your answer is no, then why waste your time and energy
And did you know that apart from arguing there are many other options?
- Admitting your mistake
- Taking timeout to coolly analyze the situation
- Or by staying true to yourself but at the same time admitting that the other person has a valid point.
Life really doesn’t have to be about exploding everytime someone says or does something you don’t approve of. Rather life is all about learning and understanding why people do the things they do.
This post has been inspired by Marc and Angel Hack Life.